First post to this new blog for free GP education in Australia
Here are my top 10 FREE FOAMEd resources for all Australian GPs
- BROOMEDOCS – Dr Casey Parker of Broome,WA, with his hard hitting blog and podcast on rural medicine
- KIDOCS – Dr Tim Leeuwenberg of Kangaroo Island, SA, with his witty blog and video series “50 shades of brown”
- MEDICALOBSERVER – online version of print GP magazine, great free medicopolitical and clinical education pieces
- AUSTRALIANDOCTOR – online version of print GP magazine, good general stuff for GPs
- RURALDR – online version of print rural GP offshoot magazine to AustralianDoctor, great role model stories and discussion of family support for rural docs.
- AUSTRALIAN FAMILY PHYSICIAN – online version of print journal of RACGP – excellent peer reviewed articles for Australian GPs
- AFP Podcasts series – excellent podcast series on website as well as downloadable via iTunes. great coverage of GP medicine and clinical practice issues
- RRMEO – online web based learning platform by ACRRM for members – heaps of great GP learning modules. Can apply for limited free access if not ACRRM member
- NOMADICGP – great GP medical blog with perspective of newly graduated FRACGP. Good exam and lifestyle/work balance tips. Female perspective as well as obstetric GP view too!
- RURALFLYINGDOC – great GP registrar blog and he flies an aircraft too! Witty and political diatribes make for enjoyable reading.
Who am I? Minh Le Cong, RFDS doc in QLD, FRACGP, FACRRM, FARGP, GCMA, GEM,DipAeromedRT. Examiner for RACGP and ACRRM. Asst Professor in Retrieval medicine at Bond University.
Welcome to FOAM4GP and post some feedback, thanks!